Successfully Grow A Kitchen Garden
Kitchen Gardens come in all shapes and sizes and provide great joy and healthy produce. If you would like to know how to get started or make the most out of an existing garden bed, pots or planter box, join us for this hands on workshop. Learn about what types of plants to grow and when, the layout and how to maintain a bountiful, varied and colorful kitchen garden.
- Why a kitchen garden?
- Making the best from what you have available including soil preparation
- Layout of the garden
- What can you grow and when can you grow it?
- Types of plants, uses and variety
- Maintaining a healthy garden
Presenter: Ian Wilson, Botanic Educator at the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium
Cost: ECH Special Price $30
Limited Tickets, Includes a break.
To book, visit www.eventbrite.com.au/e/starting-a-kitchen-garden-tickets-148711334605 or call 8222 9343.
The safety and wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff remains our highest priority and, in preparation to welcoming our programmes, we are implementing new COVID-19 compliant protocols to offer an enjoyable experience for all participants while minimising the risk of COVID-19. Measures include:
• Participants must not attend if they are unwell and/ or exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Group sizes have been kept small to ensure physical distancing can be adhered to while not impacting on the quality of the learning experience
• Participants and staff must practice good hygiene before, during and after sessions
• Extra cleaning regimes will be in place before, during and after each session
• Participants must maintain physical distance (1.5m)
Posted: May 20, 2021