Are you a good listener, interested in life stories and feel comfortable writing?
ECH is looking for volunteers to assist with bringing clients’ life stories together. This may be in many forms including writing reflections, reviews of specific events or times, family stories or tributes to loved ones.
Bring your skills, passions, ideas and support. Spend time getting to know our clients, listening to their stories and documenting them for their future use.
- Have respect for the importance of caring for and valuing older people in our community
- Understand and value the benefits of writing and sharing peoples precious memories
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Good basic computer skills using Word, typing and attaching images
- Knowledge around transcribing and editing support / ability to produce ‘easy to read’ documents
- Able to commit to regular volunteer sessions with a client
If you are looking for a meaningful and rewarding volunteer opportunity and ideally live in the Metro South or Victor Harbor area, we would love to hear from you.