ECH is excited to introduce College Grove at Walkerville, designed to provide holistic care services in a community-based setting. ECH College Grove will offer older South Australians a range of health and wellbeing services, along with short stay accommodation and serviced apartments for those that would like treatment outside of a traditional hospital setting. Help and support will also be provided to ensure a seamless transition back home.
ECH College Grove has been designed with community at the heart, providing a unique and innovative space to connect and enjoy intergenerational social and wellness services. There are also several new services that will be available at this site including hydrotherapy and telehealth.
Health and Wellness
ECH College Grove offers a warm and welcoming environment and a team of friendly specialists who can tailor a program to support you to achieve your wellbeing and lifestyle goals. Health and wellness services that will be available include:
Hydrotherapy is coming soon to ECH College Grove with Aqua Aerobics and Aquatic Physiotherapy, among the many exercise and treatment options available at the new Walkerville site.
A unique form of exercise or water therapy, Hydrotherapy can be used as a form of rehabilitation to aid joint range of motion, strengthen muscles, as well as ease aches and pains (acute or chronic).
Aqua Aerobics classes are a great way to stay fit and exercise without risking injury and can assist with rehabilitation, without putting unnecessary stress on your joints.
This style of therapy allows a range of movements that people may not be able to do outside of the pool, which can help to increase strength and range of motion.
Trained professionals will guide you through a variety of exercises tailored to meet your needs. Some of the benefits of Aqua Aerobics include:
- Reduced stress on joints
- Builds endurance
- Increased flexibility and
- Increased muscle strength
Aquatic Physiotherapy is a therapeutic whole-of-body treatment that involves moving and exercising in water with the guidance of a trained Physiotherapist.
Aquatic Physiotherapy is used to treat musculoskeletal conditions such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
Clients who have experienced burns, spasticity, stroke, or paralysis may also experience positive results from Aquatic Physiotherapy.
To register your interest in Hydrotherapy, please contact 1300 275 324.
Day Programs, Short Stay Accommodation and Serviced Apartments - Currently Under Development
ECH College Grove will offer a dementia-friendly social Day Program plus short stay accommodation and serviced apartments. More information on each of these services is detailed below.
- ECH Day Programs are specifically designed to cater for people who may be experiencing dementia or memory loss. Experienced staff ensure each individual’s goals and interests are catered for and that activities are meaningful to each person.
- ECH College Grove will have several supervised social spaces to support the Day Program including informal indoor lounge and dining areas and outdoor seating to create a sense of connection with community.
- Carer/Overnight Respite
- Step Up, Step Down Care – to support transition back home
- End of Life Care
- ECH College Grove will provide semi-independent accommodation with one-bedroom apartments offering a kitchenette and living area. Communal living spaces include a formal dining area with semi-private social spaces within the accommodation precinct.
People aged 65 years and older are currently able to access specialist care from private-practice Geriatricians at ECH College Grove in Walkerville. Geriatricians may help to manage:
- Dementia and other cognitive impairments
- Concerns with mobility and frailty
- Other medical concerns
Referrals from a General Practitioner are essential to make an appointment.
If you have a referral and would like to make an appointment with a Geriatrician, please call 1300 275 324 to speak to one of our friendly team members.