Are you aged 65 years or over and wondering what Home Care Packages are all about?
A Home Care Package (HCP) is one of the many ways you can receive the services you need to continue to live independently and confidently in your own home. If you are unsure about how the funding works or what services are available to you, ECH can help you understand the options so you can make informed decisions.
How does the Home Care Package funding work?
There are four levels of HCP funding dependent on your needs. The level you are eligible for is determined by an ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) assessment and the implementation of your package will be dependent on the availability of your assessment package level from an individual provider in your local area.
As you age, your needs can change and getting the right advice and services is vital to enable you to remain living confidently and independently at home. Our Home Care Package Management service ensures you receive quality, personalised care planning so you get the right mix of services in order to achieve your health and wellbeing goals. This can include services such as personal care, domestic assistance, clinical services and transport and other services.
What can I expect as a Home Care Package client with ECH?
ECH is committed to supporting you to maintain your independence for as long as possible. As an Home Care Package Management client, you can expect:
- A dedicated team of experienced and knowledgeable staff including a dedicated Care Coordinator and a clinically trained Nursing Consultant plus access to an ECH GP.
- A personalised care plan developed with you to ensure your needs are being met. Your care plan will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure any changes to your needs are identified.
- Clinical support. Your Clinical Nursing Consultant will be on hand to provide high level clinical support if you need it.
- The right advice and support. The aged care system can be complex. This is where your dedicated ECH team can help by providing the right advice and guidance.
- No hidden fees or exit charges. Our fees and pricing are transparent, you will never be charged any hidden fees or costs.
When you choose ECH Home Care Package Management you will be partnered with a dedicated Care Coordinator who will be your primary contact. Your Care Coordinator will work with you and your Clinical Nurse Consultant to create a care plan tailored to your needs. At ECH we understand that ageing is a journey and over time your needs and goals may change which is why we regularly review your Care Plan and update it as required.
Your ECH team are also highly skilled in planning for the future and can help with:
- Planning clinical support and interventions to maintain your health and independence at home, including advance care and crisis management.
- Working with your GP to provide the right care at home if you are unwell with tailored nursing care to assist you as your health needs change.
- Planning the support you may need if you have to go into hospital. This could be a planned hospital admission or support in the event of an unplanned emergency. Your ECH team will also work with you to ensure you have the right care at home following a safe discharge.
Your ECH team can also advise you on community resources and services that align with your care plan while ensuring your care is culturally appropriate if needed.
Home Care Package Management Explained
There are four levels of ECH Home Care Package Management aligned with the Government Home Care Package levels. The different levels are based on need, at the higher end individual needs are greater and therefore require more hours of care and care planning by your ECH team.
At all levels of ECH Home Care Package Management there are two components that make up the service, the first and most important is Care Management. Care Management covers the time involved to plan your care and services to ensure that your goals and needs are being met.
The second component is Package Management. This is defined by My Aged Care as the costs involved to administer your Home Care Package. This includes creating and mailing of monthly statements, paying invoices and ensuring services are compliant with quality standards.
If you are aged 65 years or over and have a Home Care Package or would like to know more about how to access one, call ECH on 1300 275 324.