ECH Partner Promise
Our Care and Service Teams aim to support your independence to live the best life possible and your ability to participate in your community.
ECH is highly committed to being inclusive of clients and staff with differing backgrounds. ECH is constantly tailoring its services to reach diverse social groups, such as culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI), and First Australian communities. ECH both celebrates and embraces diversity. ECH is also non-faith based and welcomes people from all religious backgrounds.
We recognise that the government funding and other resources available to provide support for you may not always meet all your needs. Consequently, we will work with you to provide support in ways that are most important to you.
We will work in partnership with you. We appreciate that you may have a range of resources available to support you and we will work with these to maximise what you can do for yourself, with assistance from your existing networks. ECH encourages and supports independence and we expect that you will take every opportunity to improve what you can do for yourself. We will also seek to complement your support networks where there is a gap in these.
As a client of ECH we will partner with you to:
- Ensure you are treated as an individual
- Set goals for your care and service outcomes and formulate your Care and Services Plan
- Take opportunities to improve what you can do for yourself wherever possible
- Participate in activities intended to enhance your independence and wellbeing
- Have a say about the care and services we provide and how well they are meeting your needs
- Receive the care and services outlined in your plan (within the resources available)
- Be consulted about changes to your care and services
- Ensure that any changes to your circumstances are responded to promptly
- Have the information gathered about you by ECH treated confidentially and in accordance with our privacy obligations
- Ensure your consent is received prior to any care or services being arranged.
- Be informed about care and service options available and their possible consequences
- Be informed of any expectations that we might have of you
- Access an interpreter if either party believes this is necessary
- Participate in the assessment/review of your care and services as required by service type
- Have the right to refuse a service that you have previously consented to receive
To learn more about ECH Partner Promises, call ECH on 1300 275 324.